These brochures and flyers were written by Inspections by Bob and are included with inspection reports where appropriate. You are welcome to download these brochures for your own information and use.
- GFCI: Ground Fault Circuit Interruptors – This brochure gives information about why GFCI circuits are vital in areas that may be subject to moisture, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Smoke Alarms and Carbon monoxide Detectors
- Dryer Vent Safety – Dyer vent fires often caused by clogged, damaged or improper vent materials. Learn which materials are best for dryer vents.
- Tap Water Scalds — How hot is too hot?
- Sump Pumps – Sump pumps are a common fixture in basements. Learn about the different types and how to maintain them.
- HVAC Maintenance – Why is regular maintenance important to the operation of furnace or air conditioner?
- Roof Conditions – Identify common issues that come with aging roof
- Deck Safety — Many of the decks we see are past the end of their serviceable life.
- Fireplace and Chimney Safety – Masonry fireplaces and chimneys need their own specialized inspections and maintenance.
- Life Span of House Components
- Old HVAC – Old HVAC units may still be working, but they can also be costing you money in energy costs annually.
- Attic Stair Safety
- CSST Gas Piping
- DIY Radon Testing – Every home should be tested for Radon periodically, even if past readings have been low or the home already has a Radon remediation system. This brochure explains why, and how.
- Hazardous Electrical Panels
- Lead Paint – Homes Built prior to 1978 may contain lead paint. This brochure has information about lead paint and the new regulations for remediation.
- Insulation Installation – Effective insulation relies on proper installation. This brochure explains what to look for.
- HVAC Protection – During construction or renovation, the HVAC system must be protected from contaminants.
- New Construction Builder Information Packet – Your builder will want to have this before allowing us to do your inspection.
- Generators – Important considerations for generators.
- Living with a Septic System
- Living with Well Water