What Makes Inspections by Bob Different?
All Maryland Home Inspectors should be the same, right? After all, they are supposed to be trained, licensed, and insured; have passed the National Home Inspector Examination, and follow the Maryland Standards of Practice. That’s the bare minimum.
Do you really want to hire someone who only does the bare minimum, when you are facing a huge investment decision that could impact your happiness and financial health for many years?
At Inspections by Bob, we are proud of our commitment to excellence, giving every client the time and personalized service they deserve, and showing them we are there to work with them, not just talk at them.
There are many elements to our business practices that give our clients the utmost confidence in our dedication to them and their agents:
- Both Bob and Welmoed are members of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), and have earned the designation of ASHI-Certified Inspector (ACI).
- They are Background-Verified Inspectors (BVI), passing a stringent investigation for any evidence of criminal history, so clients can feel comfortable being with us.
- We schedule only one home inspection per inspector per day, so we will never have to rush through one appointment to get to the next one.
We pride ourselves on doing much more than just the minimum, starting with getting to know our clients before the home inspection starts. We ask questions that will help us know your goals, your concerns, and more. Some of the questions we ask include:
- Is this your first home purchase? First-time buyers may not be aware of how a home and its systems work, and what they can expect to do to maintain it. We take the time to explain so they feel more confident.
- What is your day job? This allows us to better frame our explanations to make them easier to understand.
- Who will be living here? If there will be small children around, we will point out issues such as guardrail spacing that could be particularly hazardous. If you have a respiratory condition or are immunocompromised, we will pay extra attention to the condition of the heating and cooling system, and explain how they should be maintained.
- What are your expectations? Are you expecting the house to be move-in ready, or are you planning minor renovations or even a large-scale overhaul? This helps us understand your plans and factor them into the report.
- Do you have a repair budget? Is there money set aside for paint and flooring, or are you at the upper edge of your budget? If you tell us you have a certain amount you are prepared to put into the house after closing, we will let you know if we see issues that could exceed that amount.
- Do you have any particular concerns about this property? Are you worried about whether the electrical system can support an electric vehicle charger? Are you hoping to replace the electric stove with a gas cooktop? Are you wondering if you can convert the attic into a spare room, or add a bathroom to the basement? We can help.
When you book your home inspection with Inspections by Bob, you know you are getting the best.
Call (301) 208-8289 today to talk with our knowledgeable schedulers to make your inspection appointment or simply get a quote. You can also use our online scheduling page any time.
Have a technical question or an unusual situation? Send us an email!